By tracking the right KPIs, both marketing and sales professionals are able to answer super important questions, such as:
- Is this what I'm doing bringing value to users/prospects?
- Is this what I'm doing driving positive outcomes for my business?
- Where to double down and what to deprioritize?
- Are there any components we can improve?
All we have to do is measure the right KPIs for our business and interpret them correctly.
Yet, tracking results can sometimes become a bit messy and time-consuming. Multiple dashboards, different tools, too many KPIs, and lack of focus leading to making wrong decisions.
Here's how you can avoid these frustrating headaches with a simple integration between Droyd and lemlist.
Keep an eye on main KPIs in Slack
Let's imagine the following scenario.
Sales team in lemlist is running 5 different outbound campaigns this month. They've targeted the right prospects, segmented the list in buckets and everything is ready to go.
To get that conversion rate to go up, prospects need to complete the following actions.
Open an email --> Reply to an email --> Demo / free trial --> Paid user
Each of the stages can be tracked with the right KPI.
Open rate --> Reply rate --> Booked meetings / sign-ups --> MRR
However your funnel and metrics look like, it's important to keep them in a good check and simplify the reporting. In other words, receive reports fast so that you can focus on closing and analyzing the numbers.
To accomplish that, our sales team can decide to keep an eye on the number of replies and MRR boost, and then measure them against our monthly targets.
And they can receive notifications like this in their Slack channel...
If the replies or MRR are not close to the target, they can add links to these Slack notifications that will take them to a more in-depth report to identify the problem.
Of course, thanks to this integration, you can modify the report and track any KPIS you want.
The objective is to have automated pings on daily or weekly basis with the most important KPIs to assess whether your team is on the right track or not.
If you that isn't the case, you open more comprehensive reports to analyze what's causing it.
But there's no time waste, as a lot of things are automated in this process and all the links you need are there to take you from Slack to a more detailed report.
Why automate KPI reports in Slack?
Without transparency on business progress and goals, your team is lost. There are several reasons why you should automate your reporting, because it will help:
- Build a metrics driven culture - align everyone on goals and make sure everyone has a transparent view of progress
- Share data across the departments - the team doesn’t have access to reporting in each and every tool. Easily bring information across teammates, whether in office or distributed
- Motivate the team - as metrics get flowing in Slack, teammates can share accolades and add emojis to celebrate progress
- Trigger discussions - looking at dashboards during a meeting is boring. Stay updated on performance in your feed, then use meeting times to deep dive and get to the bottom of what matters
- Save time on repetitive tasks - whether you are reviewing your own campaigns as an individual contributor, or checking the team’s progress as a manager
How to integrate lemlist and Droyd?
Here's a quick step-by-step tutorial.
1/ Set up Droyd
Sign up for free Droyd account here, as Droyd is still in beta. Follow the onboarding process: connect your apps: CRM, lemlist, Slack. This will allow you to pull data from your tools and send it to your team in Slack.
2/ Build key metrics
Pick metrics you want to track in Slack. For instance, # open emails in a specific campaign.
3/ Schedule reports
In the reporting Section, choose where and when you want to send a report. Add the key metrics you want to follow, set the schedule and the Slack channel.
4/ Sit back and enjoy
Activate your report. Now, you’ll get updated key metrics in Slack, nothing else need. Don’t forget to add reaction and some messages for context or accolades when a report comes in!
In case you need a video...
That's it. You now have a reporting process that's easy to set up and joy to analyze.
If you end up using the integration, let us know how it's working out for you and tell us your use case. We will trade you a backlink in this article.